Mount Dora City Council
Mount Dora City Hall Board Room
510 North Baker Street
Mount Dora, Florida 32757
August 16, 2022, 6:00 PM
CONSENT AGENDA The items on the Consent Agenda were approved by a 7-0 voice vote.
1. Request Approval of Change Order #1 for Mayer Electric (Fire Station #35)
2. Request Approval of Change Order #1 for Ajax Building (Public Works Facility)
3. Request Acceptance of the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant
4. Request Approval of Amendment 1 to the Agreement for All-Requirements Purchase and Sale of Electric Energy with Orlando Utilities Commission
5. Request Approval of Meeting Minutes
-August 2, 2022 City Council Regular Session
-August 2, 2022 Northeast CRA Governing Board Regular Session
PUBLIC HEARINGS - RESOLUTIONS/ORDINANCES
1. Request Approval of Final Reading of Ordinance No. 2022-40, Change in Zoning – Lake County Water Authority (Greenbelt Zoning). This passed 7-0.
2. Request Approval of Final Reading of Ordinance No. 2022-11, Annexation for Mt. Dora Hills, LLC, et al (36.61 Acres). This passed 7-0.
3. Request Approval of Final Reading of Ordinance No. 2022-15, Amending Ordinance 2021-01/Chapter 38, Article V, Public Parks and Recreation or as Otherwise Codified in the Code of Ordinances. This passed 7-0.
4. Request Approval of Final Reading of Ordinance No. 2022-16, Amending Chapter 8, Animals, of the Code of Ordinances. This passed 7-0.
5. Request Approval of Resolution No. 2022-52, Establishing Temporary Waiver for Certain Reclaimed Water Meter Fees. This passed 7-0.
6. Request Approval of Resolution No. 2022-54, Establishing Temporary Waiver for Late Fee Penalties and Temporary One-Time Waiver for Delinquent Fees. This passed 7-0.
1. Clarify revision to Exhibit E to the Agreement between the City of Mount Dora and Borrelli + Partners, Inc., for Design and Engineering for the Community Resource and Recreation Center. This revision was made to clarify the timeline of the agreement that was approved by City Council at the August 2, 2021 regular meeting.
2. Scrivener's error revision to correct the figure representing the Rolled Back Rate in Resolution No. 2022-41
CITY MANAGER'S REPORT
1. There is a Work Session this Monday, August 22, 2022 at 10am. There is one Discussion Item: Realigning Projects. The City Manager is proposing changing the use of projects we have currently in design or construction in order to save money. More details will be given at the Work Session which is open to the public and will also be live-streamed on the City’s website.
2. The City Manager also requested that the City Council approve four suggested finance professionals and one elected official to comprise the Audit Committee. Every five years the City is required to select a new audit firm to audit the City’s Financial Reports annually. This Committee will score the firms that respond to the bid and present their report to City Council.
CITY ATTORNEY'S REPORT - nothing to report
FUTURE MEETING DATES
• August 22, 2022, 10:00 AM, Budget Work Session
• August 29, 2022, 10:00 AM, Budget Work Session
• September 6, 2022, 6:00 PM, Regular Session
• September 20, 2022, 6:00 PM, Regular Session
• October 4, 2022, 6:00 PM, Regular Session
ADJOURNMENT - we adjourned just before 8 p.m.
Thank you for keeping up with what’s happening at City Hall. Should you have any questions at all feel free to reach out to me or any members of your City Council.
Mayor, City of Mount Dora
The foregoing is the Mayor’s recap of certain discussions taken place at the Regular City Council Meeting held on August 16, 2022. The information expressed in this message is meant to be a factual summary of events. If you have questions about the statements herein, please do not hesitate to contact Mayor Crissy Stile at firstname.lastname@example.org